The following framework applies for BSc-/MSc-seminars at the chair:
- Only students that participated in the registration procedure via STiNE and received a place can attend the seminar. If remaining places are available, students can register for the seminar by sending an e-mail to the academic office.
- A timely registration via STiNE is no guarantee for a seminar place.
- If you have received a seminar place and you withdraw from it, the seminar will be automatically considered as failed (i.e., graded with 5.0).
- You should only register for the seminar if you have already successfully passed at least one exam in the Finance, Banking & Insurance area.
- The assignment of seminar topics will be carried out in the kick-off meeting using a random allocation procedure based on a full preference order.
- Generally, individual papers are required and the final grade is composed as follows:
- 50% seminar paper,
- 15% progress report,
- and 35% presentation, discussion as well as active participation.
- All parts have to be passed (i.e., graded at least 4.0) for the seminar to be considered as passed.
The Chair of Banking and Behavioral Finance usually offers a seminar in the bachelor's and master's programs once a year. Typically, the master seminar takes place in the winter term, while the bachelor seminar is offered in the summer term. The details will be announced in a timely manner on the respective course page.
Guidelines for Writing Scientific Papers
The applicable guidelines for writing scientific papers at the Finance, Banking, and Insurance area can be found on the respective webpage.